Labels

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Happy 8 Month Birthday!



Our beautiful little girl is now 8 months old. She continues to challenge me as a Mommy and bring me so much joy that I still cannot believe that I am her Mommy!

The biggest challenge that we are facing during her 8 month is sleep training. There are several parents who know exactly what we are going through, and new parents who will experience this challenging, yet rewarding skill that all children must learn. It is a personal choice in what method you will use to sleep train your little one, and we have chosen the one that works best for us. Look for that post soon.

The fun part of Sloane turning 8 months is that she began her swimming lessons! She could have began her lessons at 6 months, but we were on our trip home to the states, so she started as soon as we returned. She loves swim class and has done so well! She went under the water at her second lesson! We are so proud and excited for her. Swimming is something that my husband and I truly enjoy! The beach is a place that we never get enough of! We hope that Sloane continues to enjoy swimming and all things related to water!

Sloane has not begun to crawl just yet. She is scooting and enjoys being on the floor playing on her mat, and she continues to enjoy jumping in her activity bouncer. We don't know if she will be a big time crawler, but we are doing our best to provide her with the skills and environment to feel safe and comfortable in crawling, scooting and of course eventually walking.

She continues to eat well after beginning her solid foods at 6 months. Her favorites thus far are carrots, peas, pumpkin squash, corn, sweet potatoes and especially apples and pears. We will begin giving her meat, chicken first, in the upcoming weeks. Her Daddy is very excited about that! I have had fun as well preparing all of Sloane's food myself using my Beaba food maker. Look for that post as well.

I never truly understood what other Mom's meant when they said the first year goes by so fast. I now totally get it! I know I am going to miss my infant Sloane, but I am excited to see her develop into my toddler Sloane. She is the sweetest little girl! We are so Blessed!

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment