Labels

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fun with Baby Food!



Well like most Mom's I was excited and nervous at the same time when it was time to introduce Sloane to "solid" foods. We have been blessed to not have any problems with breastfeeding in regards to my milk supply, Sloane latching on, and she has just been an all around easy baby and GREAT eater as well. So, I was concerned about these things changing with the introduction of "foreign" foods. I exclusively breast fed Sloane for six months, almost seven.

I knew from the beginning that I wanted to make my own baby food, and I also wanted to be as organic as possible. I did my research and decided that I definitely wanted a Beaba food maker along with other accessories by the same company. Well, I must say I am so HAPPY with ALL of my Beaba purchases and would HIGLY recommend them to other Mothers who want to make their own baby food.

Pumpkin Squash


Corn and Peas


Ready for the freezer!


My only complaint about the Beaba is the defrosting/reheating. You have to use water to do so, and that water is "dumped" on the food, therefore watering down the food. Pas Bon! So what I do to avoid this, is the night before I defrost Sloane's lunch and dinner in the fridge, and about an hour before she eats I place her food on her plate/bowl, cover, and let it sit out to get to room temperature.


Lunch is served! Carrots and peas

I pretty much make all of Sloane's food except carrots and cereal. The cereals can be made with water, formula or breast milk. I make all of Sloane's cereal with breast milk because she won't eat it any other way. For those foods I LOVE Earth's Best Organic foods. More importantly, so does Sloane! It was important for me to not only provide healthy foods for Sloane, but I also want her to enjoy eating as well. So far I have been successful!

Sloane LOVES carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, pumpkin squash, apples, pears, bananas, oatmeal, cantaloupe, corn, rice cereal with apples, We are going to introduce chicken this week, and Sloane's Pa-Pa is VERY excited about his little girl eating meat =)

I also purchased some teething biscuits for Sloane as well. She likes this little "sweet" treat, but I have to watch her with this food to insure she does not choke because she can bite off big chunks with her little 4 teeth!

I also purchased a cook book that I am really excited about using even more as Sloane gets older.
So to all you Mothers out there and future Mothers, try making your own baby food. It is worth it! Plus it is fun! Cheers for happy baby belly's and delicious healthy food! Aller Maman!

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment