Labels

Friday, May 3, 2013

Who is 5 Months? Not Sloane!

Giving you her profile pose

Tear...Yes, tears...the time is going by so FAST! Our little girl is already 5 months old! Before you know it she will be a year old! WOW! Slow down Sloane! Slow down time!

So, Sloane is now 5 months old, and started it with a bang! That bang of course being her two bottom teeth that came in towards the end of her 4 months. They are a challenge for our beautiful girl. She continues to rely on her Sophie Giraffe and cold towels to soothe her gums. Yes, cold towels. Not the teething fruit that I did research on to find the BEST one, but a simple cold wash cloth from the refrigerator. Love it!

Look at those CUTE little teeth!

Sloane is also dealing with Eczema =( Yuck! It is mainly on her back, tummy, as well as her forehead and scalp. This has been a challenge, though we have done well thus far with the products found on this great website Eczema Store, as well as getting advice from two of my Sorors, and the doctor did give us some cortisone cream when it really flares up. Though they say it is hereditary, and can be caused by certain foods, (I'm breastfeeding so I have eliminated it being due to certain foods; not even in my milk due to what I eat. She can thank her Mom for giving her the sensitive skin gene) the terrible harsh dry weather here and the water really make it worse! We are working on getting a water softener system installed in our home and we know that will help out tremendously, for Sloane and Mommy! Her eczema isn't as bad as some I've seen, but it is still a pain for my cutie. I continue to be very cautious about what comes in contact with her skin and...We press on.

She continues to warm our hearts with her infectious smiles, giggles, laughs and especially the way she snuggles in my neck when she is ready to go to sleep. Sloane is definitely her parents Love Child =)

Our first trip to the grocery store
We are preparing to take a trip home in the next month, and though I am EXTREMELY excited to be back home in L.A. and LA (I LOVE that my current home is L.A. and my birth home is LA, Ha!), as well as attending the 100th Celebration for my Beloved Sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, in Washington D.C., I must admit that this neurotic Mom is definitely anxious and a bit on edge about Sloane's first travels on a plane as well as staying in "strange" places. Though we are staying with family for parts of our travels, it will ALL be strange for Sloane, including relatives, because Australia is her home and what she knows. I'm sure she will do just GREAT! I'm more concerned about ME! Grrrr....Mama Bear mode will be in FULL effect! Lol!

At any rate, Happy Birthday to our beautiful little girl!

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment