Labels

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Daughter's Love


Nickie & Daddy 1973

Sloane & Daddy 2012



If you know me, you know that I am Charley Branch's daughter. Yes, I am a self professed Daddy's girl. My father always said that it takes a real man to raise a daughter; a woman.

I only had my Father on this earth for 20 years. This June will mark 19 years that I have lived without him on this earth. I think of him everyday, several times a day, and with the birth of my daughter Sloane I think of him even more. I know that he would have been so honored to be her Grandfather.

I have always believed that we as women choose the men in our lives to love based on the the first man we fell in love with and who loved us, our Father's. I was my Father's Princess.  He said that the best gift my Mother gave him was me. He made me feel that way until he took his last breath on June 8, 1994. I am the legacy of Charley Branch and I don't take that lightly.

My husband and I both lost our Father's at the age of 20. My husband and I both wonder what life would be like if our Father's were still living...We imagine it would be different.

It is very important to the both of us that Sloane has the Father/Daughter relationship that I had with my Father with her Father, but even better. My Father was a very kind, loving and strong man. He was not afraid to share his emotions with me wether it be through tears, poems, music and especially through conversations. I share the stories of my Father with my husband becauseI want to make sure he and Sloane have that special bond that no person, place or thing can break.

Now, I am my Husband's Queen and Sloane is his Princess.

It warms my spirit and soul when I see my husband look into our daughter's eyes and tell her how much he loves her. Tells her she is beautiful. Tells her she is special. Tells her she is smart. Tells her that she is a gift from God. However, what really makes me fall in love with him over and over again is his desire and mission to not only "tell" our daughter that she is loved, beautiful, special, smart, God's gift, but to SHOW her through his actions.

I am pleased to say that Sloane is definitely her Mother's child. Sloane Sophia Sharp is a Daddy's Girl...

Charley's Princess

Ashley's Princess


Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Branch IS very proud of you, Ashley, and Sloane and he's with you all every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariel =)
      I knew you would get it!
      OO-OOP!

      Delete