Labels

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Housewife vs. Housewife



Yes, I am now what you would call an official Housewife. My job is to take care of my family which consists of my Husband and my Daughter. It is a job that does not have a negotiable salary, paid holidays, vacation time, or free weekends. However, it pays GREAT! I am fulfilled because I know that my family is well taken care of by ME!

Truth...I NEVER thought I would be fulfilled being a Housewife. Meaning, I work at home. Because as any Housewife knows, it is a JOB. Point, Blank and the Period. However, if I did work outside of the home, I would still have the job of being a Housewife. I would still be responsible for taking care of my Family and my Home. Point, Blank and the Period. So, my point is, there should be no competition between Housewives. Those who solely work at home and those who work at home and outside of the home.

We as women should support one another, because we are all Moms doing our best to love and nurture our families. I could complain and say that you get a break when you go to work and don't have to worry about who will look after your baby so you can use the bathroom or take a shower. In turn you could complain and say that I am lucky to be with my child all day.

In my mind there is no competition. ALL Mother's should have the right to vent to their friends and family about the ups and downs of Motherhood. We all became gold medal winners when we were Blessed with our gifts of children.

So, if you are a Housewife who only works in the home like myself, or a Housewife who works in the home and outside of the home, Congratulations for ALL that you do! Remember it is not a competition ladies, but an exclusive club with AMAZING rewards!

Geaux Mommy's!

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment