Labels

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Not Disposable

Thank You Soror Johnson for this CUTE onesie!


There were two things that my husband and I were sure of when we found out we were having a baby in regards to her care. One, I was going to breastfeed. Two, we were going to use cloth diapers. The one thing we never really thought about was having a baby overseas! Hahaha!

I always said I would use cloth diapers when I had children because I know that they are best for the baby. They have evolved so much from when our parents were dipping diapers in the toilet and sticking themselves with diaper pins. Now, you not only have pre-folded cloth diapers, but you even have diaper services! Yes, they deliver the nice clean diapers to you and pick up the icky ones as well! That was my plan. However, we know when we make plans God always shows us that He has control, and of course His plan is ALWAYS better than our plan! Hence, having a baby in Alice Springs, Australia and NO diaper service.

So, I did my research and thanks to a friend here in Alice, I was introduced to Jillian's Drawers. They are a WONDERFUL store located in of all places Ithaca, New York! Ithaca of course is special to my Hubby as that is where his alma mater Cornell University is located, and it also brings found memories of our time in grad school in the wonderful state of New York.

At any rate, Jillian's is a GREAT one stop shop for ALL things cloth diaper related, baby products without all of the harmful chemicals, and I LOVE their New to Cloth Diapers link. It is TRULY helpful and informative! I was so excited when I found out that they ship to APO addresses, because that often limits what we can purchase on-line, and I did not want to have to wait, nor depend on someone shipping them to me from the States.

I have been VERY HAPPY with the cloth diapers we are using with Sloane. In doing my research I also found out that babies who wear cloth diapers have none/less diaper rashes because the diapers do not have the chemicals that disposable diapers have on them. Also studies show that it is easier to potty train children who wear cloth diapers because they can feel when they are wet immediately, unlike the disposable diapers that whisk all of the wetness away.

No more toilet dunking!

Newborn diapers by Kisaluvs. The BEST for breastfed babies.

All-in-One by BumGenius

Cover for Newborn diaper, Thirsties. Just ok.

Prorap classic cover for Newborn Diapers. The BEST!!

We do have some disposable diapers that we use when we leave the house to visit friends, and I must admit I HATE them! So, I did some more research and found out that I don't have to use disposable diapers for times when we are away from home because you can use these GREAT biodegradable diaper liners as well! YES! This Mommy is so pleased! Especially because we will be going home for almost two months this summer and I did not want Sloane to be in disposable diapers for that amount of time! All is right with the world...

Yay for Cloth Diapers! I would recommend them to ALL Mommy's! Hey, it is the BEST thing for our precious little lambs.

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment