Labels

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Ahh...Safe Baby Smell


Everyone LOVES to smell a cute, cuddly baby! I know I do! So I definitely wanted Sloane to have that huggable smell like ALL babies do. The first thing that comes to mind of course is Johnson & Johnson. The name itself just screams BABY! However, what is really in that Johnson & Johnson baby lotion that makes babies smell so good? Sad to say a bunch of yucky stuff and words that we either can't pronounce or have never heard of.

I know, I know! We ALL probably had Johnson & Johnson products used on us during our days of being babies. But as Maya Angelou so eloquently stated, "When you know better, you do better." Therefore, I know and therefore I did do better for Sloane!

After doing my own research and utilizing the AWESOME SafeMama.com site I found the perfect products to use on my delicate little girls skin. The products are by Earth Mama Angel Baby, and they are AMAZING! You get the yummy baby smell without all the toxins that are not only harmful to baby but our environment. Here are are my faves thus far:

Angel Baby Bottom Balm - GREAT! Not sticky or gooey like the normal diaper creams. It is also
safe for cloth diapers as well. WE Love it! A dab goes a LONG way! Plus you can use it for little scrapes as well on your precious little one.

Angel Baby Shampoo Body Wash - YUMMY! We love the fresh scent of this shampoo/body wash. It comes in an easy pump and is foam. Sloane LOVES bath time and this calming scent I'm sure is one of the reasons. It is a natural orange and lemon scent or you can go with the calming lavender. It is not a *no tears* shampoo so be careful. In order to be no tears you must use toxins like Johnson & Johnson. Who knew ._.

Angel Baby Lotion  - SMOOTH! It is the perfect compliment to the shampoo/body wash. I use this daily on Sloane. A good moisturizing lotion is essential here in Alice Springs, Australia because the water is extremely hard and the climate extremely dry. It is not too heavy or greasy either.

Angel Baby Oil - WONDERFUL! The oil is light and perfect to use in the bath, after bath, and for cradle cap as well. I actually mix it with the lotion and apply it to Sloane's body after her baths. I also use it on her hair and scalp 3 times a week. It is the best thing next to my organic olive oil but smells a lot better!

Earth Mama Angel has all the products needed for baby and Mommy as well. The products are wonderful and the company is great! I would recommend all of the products I have tried and others. Oh yeah, I just bought the Organic Milkmaid Tea because it is suppose to help alleviate gas in the baby's tummy. I will keep you posted on the results!

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy


My future ballerina
Like Mother Like Daughter

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment