Labels

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Let the Potty Training Begin!



So it is now time to start thinking about potty training. WOW! The time has really flown by! Each new month and stage of Sloane's growth brings excitement and nostalgia all at the same time! Excitement to experience her new developments, and nostalgia in reflecting upon her growth.

Once again, all of my Mommy friends who told me the days will seem long but the months will fly by, were TRULY telling the TRUTH! Gesh! I miss that little baby girl Sloane. However, I am really enjoying and loving this little toddler Sloane as well!

So, I have purchased two potty training books for Ash and I to read: Potty Training Girls the Easy Way: A Stress-Free Guide to Helping Your Daugher Learn Quickly as well as Toilet Training in Less Than a Day.

I also purchased a book for Sloane as well Girls' Potty Time.

I know the key to potty training any child is to have patience. I pray for guidance and patience DAILY. The other key I know from my Mom, who is TRULY the "Potty Training Whisperer" is to be consistent and NEVER give up or be lazy and go back to the diapers.

I so wish she were here to aid in potty training Sloane! However, I will be having SEVERAL phone conversations with her throughout the process!

So after doing some reading and listening to my Mom who is GREAT at this, we purchased Sloane's potty when she turned 15 months. Now I take her to the bathroom with me and allow her to sit on it explaining what it is for as I would sit on the toilet as well.

Now, we have moved to putting Sloane on the potty before bath time EVERY night so she gets used to sitting on the potty with her pants off and to remove as much fear as possible. So far so good! She has used the potty several times and is AMAZED when she does! She claps for herself and says "Pee-Pee!" She also finds joy in wiping herself with the toilet paper as well! Lol!

So I would say we are doing well thus far. I think without adding any pressure to this new adventure and making it as fun as possible has definitely helped a lot!

We will begin to REALLY potty train Sloane when she turns 18 months. I know some people wait until their children are 2 years old, or when they have the language and understanding. Sloane has the language and understanding, therefore we are going to begin potty training at 18 months.

Which means moving away from our cloth diapers and into potty training underwear! Let the potty training adventures begin!

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment