Labels

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Where did the Month Geaux!


They say enjoy the time when they are newborns because it will fly by! Literally! I couldn't agree more! I can't believe that a month has already passed this Mommy by!

The first month of being Sloane's Mom has been an adventure! I wouldn't change a thing! From the feedings at 3:15 a.m., to the smiles brought on by gas. This little girl keeps her Mommy on her toes! She is progressing so well, her Daddy and I couldn't be happier. I decided early on that I would breast feed, though I knew it would be a challenge I was determined to do it for my baby. Well, Sloane has made it quite easy for me this first month.

The first night she literally fed every two hours! We both had to get used to one another, and after a week we were both very happy and comfortable. Even though my diet has changed a bit and I can no longer indulge in certain foods and wine, at the end of the day it of course benefits my daughter, but me as well.

I was always concerned about my post pregnancy weight, even though I only gained roughly 20 pounds, I became SUPER paranoid once I found out I had to have a cesearean. I REFUSE to have a kangaroo pouch! I have moved from a M.I.L.F. in training to a M.I.L.F.! My husband and Mom continue to tell me I look amazing after giving birth one month ago, but of course I am harder on myself than anyone else. Well at 8 weeks post-Ceasar I am happy with my progress, and I cannot WAIT to get back to doing Cross-Fit and working out! I however, must give credit to the Original Belly Bandit and the B.F.F. or Body Formulated Fit Belly Bandit. They DEFINITELY helped get my stomach back to its normal size. I would recommend them BOTH!

At the end of the day this first month of being Sloane's Mom has been amazing. It has truly opened my eyes to what my Mom always described as a love that goes beyond words...

Forever I am...Sloane’s Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the kangaroo pouch! I know you won't have to wrry about that. I am so glad you are having such a wonderful experience! God bless!

    ReplyDelete